Social Tennis 2019
We offer three social tennis sessions a week (two in the winter)
Sunday Afternoon Social for All - 2pm to 4pm
- Top 3 courts
- This session is open to all levels
- Numbers for this session are limited to 15 so get along early to secure your spot.
Monday Night Social for Hitters - 7pm to 9.30pm
- All 5 courts
- This session is for both beginners and hitters up until Rusty Rackets starts. Once Rusty Rackets has started this session is for hitters only
- Players will be split between the top and bottom courts.
- Numbers for this session are limited to 25 so get along early.
- Gillian is your host every Monday.
Thursday Night Rusty Rackets Social - 7pm to 9pm - starts again from Thur 21 March 2019
- This is a social session for first time players or people who haven’t picked up a racket for a while.
- Once you've signed in and paid your fee for the session, our Volunteer will lead the evening.
- This will consist of a warm up then timed games, your host will guide you through the evening so don’t worry if it’s your first time playing or it’s been a while.
- We incorporate a Champions League throughout the season with prizes for the winners!
- Rusty Rackets runs through to October
Tuesday evening coached sessions
You might also be interested in our Tuesday evening coached sessions We offer sessions for Beginners, Beginners Plus and Improvers. Sessions are in 6 week blocks and the next one begins on Tues 16 April.
How it works
Once you've signed in and paid your fee for the session, our Volunteer will arrange matches for you throughout the evening. Ideally we hope to offer a match at your level, a match that challenges you and a match were you will support your partner to develop their tennis. As the sessions are regularly over-subscribed it is mostly doubles.
The fee is £3 for members and £5 for non-members per session. Find out more about becoming a member!
Monday Night Only - if you wish to combine Cardio Tennis (6-7pm) with Social the combined fee is £5 for members and £9 for non-members.
Tennis racquets are available for use at all sessions and tennis balls are provided.
There is no need to book, just come along and join the fun!