Looking for a new way to work out?
Cardio Tennis is a fun, sociable group fitness class set on a tennis court and open to people of all ages and abilities. Supported by music and qualified instructors, you’ll get to hit lots of tennis balls during your class and have a great cardio workout at the same time.
What is a typical class like?
Your trained Cardio Tennis instructor will lead you through a 60 minute class consisting of a short warm up and cool down either side of a 40 minute full body workout.
- Warm up - Some dynamic stretching, skills and drills to get your body warm and mind sharp before the workout begins
- Aerobic section - Here’s your chance to hit loads of shots, including forehands, backhands, serves and volleys, all mixed with a variety of fitness activities
- Tennis section - Put your shots into practice with fun tennis games. You’ll never play one-on-one; your team mates will be with you all the way
- Cool down - Well done, you made it! Now it’s time to recover and stretch
What else do I need to know?
- What do I need to bring? - Bring along your own racket if you have one, if not don’t worry as you will be able to borrow one. Wear comfortable gym kit and trainers. You’ll be working up a sweat, so don’t forget to bring a water bottle too!
- Do I need to be good at tennis? - No! Cardio Tennis is for anyone who wants to get fit and have a go at tennis. The class moves along quickly, so no one will be judging your skills, and it doesn’t matter whether the ball goes in or out.
- Do I need to be fit? - No! Cardio Tennis is for anyone who wants to have fun getting fit.
- Do I have to be a member of a club? - No! Our Cardio Tennis class is run on a pay and play basis. However our sessions are very busy, so its always worthwhile to reserve a space.
Our Cardio Tennis Session takes place from 6-7pm on a Monday. This sessions is now closed for the winter and will restart in April 2020 running through until October. Each session costs £3 for members, £5 for non-members
Your Coach for this session is Peter Robinson